Do you a want to learn how to turn that pile of T-shirts you no longer wear into a loving keepsake? Or maybe you want to make a special gift for someone. We can teach you how!
Learn the magical process of turning raw t-shirts into a display of memories. In this hands-on sewing class, you’ll start with 12 t-shirts for a twin size or 16 t-shirts for a queen size and be guided through creation of a simple finished quilt top.
You will learn how to lay out and start one quilt using the T-shirt Quilts Made Easy book, cut apart t-shirts, iron on stabilizer, precisely cut the t-shirts for quilt placement, cut the blocks apart for a creative design and sew the blocks together with borders (optional).
All supplies listed are available at Sew Much Fun! We appreciate you purchasing your supplies from us. We do offer a 10% discount for items purchased for your class. Basic sewing knowledge is needed.
- T-shirt Quilts Made Easy By Martha DeLeonardis (REQUIRED for class)
- Sewing machine in good working order with a new needle (75/11 or 80/12). Power cord, foot control and extension table that comes with your machine.
- 1/4” foot or a seam guide to help maintaining a 1/4” seam
- General sewing tools: fabric scissors, snips, pins or wonder clips, seam ripper, marking pencil or pen
- Neutral thread in grey, cream or black
- 12.5″ x 12.5″ cutting square
- A 6.5” x 24” acrylic ruler
- Rotary cutter with a new cutting blade and cutting mat (at least 18 x 24)
- Optional ironing surface, such as wool mat and small iron. This would be helpful so not everyone is using the irons at the same time at the shop.
- 12-16 Clean T-shirts of your choosing that have been washed without fabric softener or dryer sheets. DO NOT CUT THEM YET!
- Shape-flex stabilizer or woven fusible interfacing. 1/2 yard per t-shirt
- Optional: Large Teflon (13”x17”) pressing or appliqué sheet
- 3-4 - 12.5” x 12.5” squares pre-cut of a focus fabric. This fabric could be used as an outer border as well. (You would need @ 1.25-1.75 yards for outer border)
- 12-16 - 12.5” x 12.5” squares pre-cut of neutral prints. I would recommend black and white or grey prints.
- Inner border - 1/2 yard (optional)
♦ Price: $50
♦ Length: 5 hours, 10-3pm
♦ Minimum of 2 students; maximum of 5
Teacher: Susan Scott