This is Susan’s newest pattern! It is all about Applique using many stitches on your machine, that seem to be forgotten. She will guide you through all the ways to cut, fuse and stitch these beautiful wildflowers. Then let’s make a funky border of wacky triangles! This could be made lager or smaller if you like. It’s a fun project, so join Susan for lots of stitching!
- Pattern $15.
- Sewing machine in good working order with decorative satin stitches
- Paper Scissors that will also cut fabric
- Matt, Ruler and Rotary Cutter
- Applique Pressing Sheet or Parchment Paper
- Background Fabrics (3-4 Fat Quarters, Susan used “word” fabrics)
- Fabric for Leaves (greens…. about 4-5, small pieces are fine, but some need to be at least 14” long)
- Fabric for Flowers (about 8-10 different colors some solids, largest piece being about 8” square)
- Fabric for Border Triangles (4 different Fat Quarters for background colors, and Triangles could be from the flower fabrics, but add a few extras)
- Fabric for other Borders (1/4 Yard of two different coordinating fabrics for border strips)
- 2 yards of Fusible (Wonder Under, Soft Fuse or Soft Web, NO Heat-n-Bond or Steam-a-Seam as these are too heavy)
- 3 yards of light weight TEAR AWAY stabilizer
- Threads: (assorted colors for appliqué, 50 Wt. Cotton, 40 Wt. Cotton, 30 Wt. Cotton, and 12 Wt. Cotton are all good!)
- Backing Fabric (1 yard minimum)
- Binding Fabric (1/2 yard minimum)
Questions about the class contact Susan: 704 305-1984
Questions about signing up contact the Shop.