This class is fun on so many levels! It was inspired from Melissa Averinos new book, “Making Faces in Fabric”. If you have taken Susan’s Machine Quilting Classes this is a great addition to improve those skills. We will first create a simple (funny) face in the morning using fabric collage techniques (and NO you do not have to be a portrait artist!) using unique fabrics, then in the afternoon we will machine quilt all the details such as eyelashes, cheeks, hair, etc. It is easy to create a face if you don’t have to make it look like anyone special. Just play and have fun with it!!! These could be made into placemats, small wall hangings, tote bags, pillows and more! This will be a no stress day of playing with fabric and threads!
- Book: “Making Faces in Fabric” by Melissa Averinos
- Several sheets of white copy paper 8 1/2” x 11” for doodling
- Background fabrics (any small print or even my favorite, writing fabric, or solids) Fat Quarter
- Small pieces of fabrics for Eyes (white and color), Noses (pink or beige/brown), Cheeks (pink, red or coral), Lips (pink or red. Hair (any color! Even pink or blue!); dots, stripes, small prints and brights are really fun to play with! If you want a bird in her hair that is fine too! So look for Motif fabrics to play with.
- Very Light Weight Fusible such as Misty Fuse, Light Wonder Under, OESD Soft Web or Soft Fuse, 1/2 Yard or so.
- Backing Fabric (any print is fine), but Grunge or Solids make for great stitching designs!
- Batting, (Quilter’s Dream Fusion is my very favorite in Request Weight) Craft size is fine
- Applique Pressing Sheet
- Paper and fabric Scissors
- Sewing machine with Free-Motion Quilting Presser feet
- Threads for quilting, 50 0r 40 wt 100% cotton are best in colors to work with fabrics, include at least one dark, such as dark grey, brown, or navy AND light Pink for stitching accents
Questions about Supplies or Description of class please contact:
Susan Edmonson at 704 305-1984 or email: email@example.com
Questions about signing up please contact the shop.