This is a great class for some quick gifts just in time for any holiday! Every hostess loves a new tea towel! Susan will teach you all her tricks & tips for making your machine applique look professional. Machine applique is adorable on little baby bibs, little onesies and of course any quilt you have in mind and afraid to tackle. We will be using a number of applique stitches for this class, even a “faux” hand applique technique she does on the machine. It looks just like hand applique!!! If you are interested in making Susan’s “Tweet Tweet” quilt in class just let her know. This class will be all machine appliqué techniques, no hand appliqué.
- Sewing machine (zig zag capabilities) with applique presser foot (Bernina #20 (5.5 mm #20) & darning or free-motion quilting foot (Bernina #29, 9, 15 or BSR)
- 2 100% cotton fabrics cut into 9” squares (and several coordinating fabrics for appliqués)
- 100% cotton threads (50 wt. Mettler Silk Finish Cotton)
- 40 wt. Machine quilting threads and/or 30 wt. and/or 12 wt. Sulky Cotton threads or others of this same weight
- 1 yd. Wonder-Under, **OESD Soft Web or Soft Fuse
- 1/2 yd. Stitch-n-Tear or Light Weight OESD Tear-away
- Paper scissors (that will also cut fabric)
- Optional 100% cotton T-shirt or Cotton/linen dish towel (not terry cloth) Pre-washed
- Applique Pressing Sheet
- Slide On Tray for your machine
- “Tweet Tweet” Pattern (optional) $10. You will need 10” squares of assorted batiks for this quilt. Susan used pinks, reds and oranges.
Questions about supplies or class: Susan Edmonson 704 305-1984 or
Susan’s Website: www.susanedmonsondesigns.com
Questions about registering for class contact the shop: 704 824-1961